Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Knitting From Christmas Past



Years ago when  the hands and feet of my children were smaller, knitting went so much faster. I had gotten a bunch of wool yarn on sale and decided to make all my children new mittens for Christmas. As usual it started out to be a simple pattern, but ended up much more complex with each one having their own pattern. I started out making the oldest child’s mittens first. I had to work through the “kinks” in the pattern and in my record of row keeping. Basically, in simple English, that means I turned out two mittens the same yet different sizes. Being the wonderful daughter she is, my child proudly wore them and loved them in spite of their imperfection. Lucky Mom! Unfortunately this is not the only time I have done this to her. The last pair knitted were for my youngest. Knitted one and went to get more yarn only to discover that I was out of red. (Had one less ball then I thought.) What now? Why just make the second one a different color of course. Who needs matching mittens anyways? If any of my children ever strike someone as being “different,” it might just be their mother’s fault.

These are old pictures. Please forgive the bad, shinny backgrounds. I've come a long way with my photography skills. lol There is still lots of room for improvement though. Ever learning is my motto.




           




No comments:

Post a Comment